Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Elizabeth Gail Vergin's birth story


We are so blessed and Thankful to have Elizabeth here safe and healthy! Ezekiel is quickly warming up to his new sister, he tries to be gentle and careful but you can only expect so much he is only 20 months, I am so blessed, I am still in awe at the many blessings in my life! So thankful for my family, love watching it grow and see how God provides and blesses us! here is a recap of her birth for those interested in hearing/reading : Saturday night we had our 3rd performance for the passion play at church, (Nathan, Ezekiel, and I all had roles in the play) on the way home I noticed 2 contractions and thought that I was just tired from all the extra work making it to the play every evening, so we went to bed and around 12:30am I got up to use the bathroom and noticed that they were not really going away but they weren't that close either (about 10 or so min apart) they slowly got closer and closer, Nathan woke up around 2:30 and started timing them a little after. They quickly became 3-5 min apart so I called my midwife at 3:40 am to tell her they were every 3min apart, our phone call was only 5 1/2 min long and I had 3 contractions while talking to her. She said she would start coming over, so I then called my mom and she hit the road as well. The contractions just kept coming quicker and quicker and were incredibly intense, Ezekiel could not sleep because he knew I was in pain and wanted to be with me (my caring little boy!) the contractions quickly became so intense that pushing was the only way to endure them, I told Nathan my midwife better get here soon, or you are going to have to deliver this baby, I could feel the baby's head crowning. Nathan calmly replied with that is okay. It is a good thing to, cause about 2 min later, the head was out and shortly after we knew we had a daughter, Nathan laid her on my chest and got towels to keep us warm, then held Ezekiel , who had held my hand through the birth of his sister. this was 4:19am my midwife arrived about 8-9 min later. she is tiny but healthy, weighing only 5lbs at birth and 19 1/2 inches long. she was ready to nurse shortly after birth and has been doing great at nursing since. I am so proud of Nathan for being able to care for his whole family all at the same time! He is the most amazing person I know, blessed beyond words to be his wife. our little girl did not want to wait for anything, beat her due date (by 11 days), beat the midwife and grandmother, beat the last performance of the play. silly girl!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Amy, it is so amazing how you and Nathan brought little Elizabeth into the world! Won't she love hearing that story as she grows up. Every birthday! And she'll surely appreciate her big brother who was right at your side! I'm in awe of what you've done! But, I know you really had angelic assistance; He was overseeing it all! Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad you a had girl. She is darling and tiny like little man was he was born.

    ReplyDelete